The shape and movement of the hock makes hock problems some of the most difficult to treat. In response to the need for an effective hock treatment, ICE-VIBE have developed ICE-VIBE Hock: comfortable neoprene boots that wrap around the hock. Built in pockets hold the massaging panel that can be used on the inside or the outside of the hock and cold packs can go on either side of the hock.
The cold packs can be heated in warm water to combine heat and massage before exercise to help reduce stiffness.
Ice-Vibe Hock Wraps are wireless, rechargeable, easy to use and portable!
- Ice-Vibe Hock Wraps used without cold packs can help to boost blood supply to horses' legs by creating movement through massage, this can be beneficial by helping to remove toxins, bring oxygen to horses' legs, minimise scar tissue and stimulate repair.
- Just like putting miles on your car, we're putting miles on our horses every day. The blood supply to the lower limbs of a horse is very poor. Vibration stimulates blood flow to the legs, brings nutrients and removes waste.
- After exercise you can combine cold and massage to help reduce inflammation without making the hocks too cold and compromise healing. Ice-Vibe Hock Wraps are designed to help reduce soreness and swelling in your horse's knees while stimulating healing through massage.
Warm the packs and use before exercise, and use cold massage after exercise every day.
Note: If using the hock wraps on horses with chips avoid using for three weeks after any surgery or if new chips are forming. This will avoid aggravating any infection post-surgery or aggravating the bone when the small fractures have occurred.
Always use with cold packs when swelling or heat is present. Avoid using on infections.
Each pack contains:
2 ICE-VIBE Hock Wraps
2 cold packs
1 battery charge
- Remove all electronics.
- Close any Velcro straps on the item prior to wash.
- Close any non-removable surcingles if present.
- Follow care label.
- Maximum 30 degree gentle wash or cold hose (not pressure wash) and lightly brush off worst of the dirt. Hard brushing may damage waterproof membranes or delicate material.
- We recommend using Rambo Rug Wash or Nikwax Rug Wash if plain water just won’t do it!
- Dry away from a direct source of heat.
- Electronics should be charged regularly regardless of usage in order to maintain charging ability.
- Treat electronics with care to increase life span.
- Keep electronics out of direct sunlight for long periods.