Combining comfort with design innovation, the Horseware Micklem® 2 Deluxe Competition Bridle offers show quality with outstanding performance for a tension-free experience.
This Micklem® Bridle alleviates pressure points often found in more traditional bridle designs by avoiding nerve trigger points around your horse's face. This beautiful hand-finished leather bridle alleviates pressure around the poll and ear area, paying close attention to the internal mouth and tongue harmony. Any risk of numbness or pain issues in the lower half of your horse's face is overcome via its distinctive configuration.
Unlike some low-fitting dropped nosebands, which can bring discomfort with breathing restrictions, this noseband is wider and incorporates soft padding within a unique design. Soft padding is a theme running throughout the bridle, with the headpiece, browband and cheekpieces offering a cushioned feeling in high-sensitivity areas. The bridle comes with tongue protection bit clips and two sets of bit straps for an adjustable experience. A fancy contrast stitch across the nose and browband finishes this stunning competition bridle.
An impressive bridle committed to giving your horse a tension-free experience while encouraging the horse to relax and focus - performance with peace of mind for the rider.
- PONY - 11.00 hands (103 cm) wide head to 14 hands (143 cm) small head
- SMALL HORSE - 14 hands (143 cm) wide head to 16.0 hands (163 cm) small head
- LARGE COB - 14 hands (143 cm) chunky head or big cheek bones to 16 hands (163 cm) chunky head or big cheek bones
- STANDARD HORSE - 16.00 hands (163 cm) wide head to 17.0 hands (173 cm) small head
- LARGE HORSE - 16.2 hands (168 cm) wide head onwards
Cleaning & Care
- Before you use a new leather product for the first time, make sure you oil it thoroughly. Oiling tack makes it supple and prevents it from drying out and cracking or breaking during use. After an initial cleaning, follow regular wash instructions.
- Care for your leather regularly with a damp sponge and saddle soap to retain a soft, solid leather. It is essential for leather care and must be used liberally, always before hydrating the leather with a conditioner.
- Use warm water to dampen a sponge. Squeeze any excess water out of the sponge before using it. Wipe down all the pieces of the bridle to remove sweat, dirt and grease. Allow the leather to dry naturally before applying saddle soap. This will help to remove any stubborn dirt or grease left over.
- Pay particular attention to cleaning areas of your bridle that are typically under pressure during riding and exposed to saliva, such as bit straps, bottom back strap, and reins where they come in contact with bit.
- It is recommended that you regularly apply conditioner. Completely dismantle your bridle when applying conditioner and apply with a soft cloth or sponge. Apply the conditioner once you have cleaned your leatherwork with saddle soap.
- Once clean and dry, reassemble your bridle and loop reins through top back strap for storage.
- A climate-controlled environment is best for tack. Dry heat will make leather brittle, while humidity can cause it to mould and mildew.
- Storing your bridle in a fleece lined bridle bag will help prevent moisture.
Returns PolicyWe want you to love your purchase, but if you have changed your mind you can return most unused or unwanted items whether purchased online or instore from Horseware Australia, as long as you have your receipt or proof of purchase. For Full Ts&Cs read here - https://horseware.com.au/pages/returns-exchanges You can return items to Leader Equine offices in Melbourne or Perth in person with prior notice, or via post with the applicable return form, which you can download here - https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0209/9090/files/Horseware-Ireland-Return-Request-Form.pdf?v=1592385207
Recently Viewed Products
All orders are sent with tracking number which will be emailed to you on dispatch. Please have a read of our returns policy before placing your order.
We pack & dispatch orders Monday to Friday, excluding Public Holidays. Most orders are dispatched within 1 business day. This will change during peak times such as during new product launches and key shopping periods during the year when orders may take 7 business days to dispatch.
1) Standard Domestic Shipping - We ship the majority of our orders as regular tracked parcels with EParcel but this may change from time to time. We do require a signature on delivery and if you are not home, the courier or AusPost may leave the parcel at a local post office or depot. If you do not wish to need a signature for delivery you can include a note with your order but we will not be responsible for the safe delivery of your order. Once we have dispatched your order we do not have control over how long it takes to arrive.
2) Express Post - available for orders up to 5kg in weight, if Express Shipping does not show then your order is over the 5kg. You can place your order and contact us for a quote to upgrade to express post. Not available during peak sale time e.g. Black Friday.
Our Dispatch - We endeavour to dispatch same day but more commonly within 1-2 business days, and this can be up to 7-10 business days in peak times. If you decide to cancel your orders before we have dispatched them you will be issued with store credit vouchers to use on our website.
3) Local Pick Up - is free of charge from our Head Office located in Craigieburn, Victoria from 10-3pm Monday to Friday. Please select Local Pick Up during checkout process & we will send you a notification when the order is ready for collection. During peak sale times e.g. Black Friday, your order may take up to 7 business days to be ready for collection.
We unfortunately cannot refund shipping for orders placed with standard shipping if you change your mind to collect.
Local Delivery - Currently unavailable.
Within Australia - Orders are charged a super low flat shipping rate of $14.95, regardless of weight or bulk of order.
Shipping of replacement/exchanged orders are subject to postage charges of $14.95.
Orders to NZ and Japan are by weight of parcel and the amount charged will be shown when at checkout. Maximum weight is 20kg per transaction.
International shipping available to certain countries, rates shown at checkout dependent on destination and weight of order. Countries include North America, Canada, France, Spain, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Malaysa, Singapore, Japan, South Africa.
We make every effort to pick, pack and dispatch orders exactly as you have selected when ordering, following a strict process in our warehouse. Please ensure you check your order on arrival and notify us immediately if something appears incorrect. If your order has been delivered 3 days or more, it is taken that you are happy with your item(s).